Search This Blog

Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006 WILL BE A FUCKING GREAT YEAR FOR US HOKUTO NO KEN GEEKS

Folks, I believe that the new year will be great for a variety of reasons, but I just got the best piece of news I've heard in a hell of a long time: starting in March the will be a brand new FIST OF THE NORTH STAR - HOKUTO NO KEN to us purists - theatrical animated film for the next three years, finally doing justice to the awesomeness of the manga. The first of the new films focuses on what is in my opinion the most undeniably badassed segment in the warrior epic, namely Kenshiro versus Souther, a SERIOUSLY BADASS motherfucker if ever there was one. Go to http://www.hokuto-no-ken.jp/ and once you enter the site click on the trailer.

God DAMN, I wanna see this film!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Bunche, I wouldn't get my hopes that far up if I were you. Revivals suck more often than they're good.

And I beat Jared to comments!!! Hah!!!!

-jb-

Jared said...

I have nothing to say about Kenshiro. After all, Goku could beat him up.

Anonymous said...

So could Bugs Bunny. What's your point?

Jared said...

My point is that there is no reason to get all worked up over a movie about a big Mary!

Bobby "the Blue" said...

This is the best news in a while. There hasn't been good exploding heads in anything for a long time.

Anonymous said...

I'm a Fist of the North Star fanboy. STOKED!

Anonymous said...

I dunno...that trailer looked somewhat Gantray-Lawrenceish to me. Actual motion and animation seemed a bit lacking.

-Rob

Anonymous said...

I don't know what's geekier: The fact that Rob mentioned Grantray-Lawrence or the fact that I actually know what he's talking about.

Either way, are you surprised? The original run was hardly "Fantasia" for the anime set...

-JB-

Anonymous said...

John,

You get extra geek points if you can sing all the theme songs.

"When Captain America throws his mighty shielllllldddd..."

-Rob