Search This Blog

Thursday, November 15, 2007

BIG APPLE CONVENTION THIS WEEKEND!!!

My last opportunity to have some serious fun before the holidays get started will be at this weekend's Big Apple convention, a place where I can snag cheap back issues of CREEPY and EERIE, see friends and colleagues from the comics biz — as well as attending the inevitable poset-convention drunkenness — and pick up 8 x 10 autographed glossies of various celebrities.

This time around my autograph hunting will be pretty limited, thanks to keeping an eye on my budget and the fact that the crop of celebs isn't all that hot. Probably the star who's going to be the most sought-after will be Hayden Panettiere, who plays the indestructible Claire Bennett on HEROES.


I guarantee you that nearly every fan boy and girl on the east coast will be there to slobber all over her, but as for me, I merely like her character on the show and will not be heartbroken if I can't get anywhere near her when the signing commences. My priority star autographs at this show would be Katey Sagall at the top of the list, a great comedic actor best known to couch potatoes as MARRIED...WITH CHILDREN's Peg Bundy,


and cylopean space pilot Leela from FUTURAMA.


Next up would be Suzi Plakson, last seen on EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND as Robert's harridan of an ex-wife Joanne, but Plakson holds a special place in the hearts of STAR TREK: THE NEXT GENERATION fans for her all-too-brief stint as Worf's ill-fated mate, K'Ehleyr.


I aim to snag her autographed pic for myself and my philosophy professor pal Lanei, a huge NEXT GENERATION nut, so wish me luck on that one.

But the most absurd of my quarry would have to be Mason Reese, a 1970's pop culture oddity remembered only by those of us who were there for his Underwood Deviled Ham commercials, among others.


Yes, I willingly intend to spend cash on Mason Reese's autograph. I have now officially gone insane.

3 comments:

Jared said...

Isn't that cute of Bunche. He thinks he's only gone officially insane now.

Scott Koblish said...

I imagine that Mason Reese thinks that he will be the only sane man at the Con.

Perhaps he will be right....

Have fun at the con!

Anonymous said...

Jim Browski says:

Mason Reese?

Now if only Mikey from LIFE CEREAL and Rodney Allen Rippy were there, it would be a perfect trifecta!