Search This Blog

Friday, December 19, 2008

COMING SOON?

Dear readers-

some of you have seen my announcement of intent to post scans of my Alex Toth Hanna-Barbera model sheets, but I'm putting that project on hold until I hear back from the Alex Toth Foundation. I gave it a lot of thought and decided to play it both respectful and safe before posting that stuff because it is technically owned by Hanna-Barbera and I have no desire to upset the artist's family, so I called and left a message on the Foundation's answering machine, explaining exactly what use I intended for the artwork and leaving my contact info. Hopefully it'll all be cool and you'll get to see some truly amazing stuff, so keep your fingers crossed.

2 comments:

John Bligh said...

If you draw huge cocks on the Spaceghost & Co scans it technically becomes your "Art"... Think Lichtenstein...

:)

Jared said...

Lichtenstein actually had to pay royalties on some of his art. I know that because Jack Abel used to get a small check from him.