Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

PROVING I'M NO DAVE VANIAN


"I can't stop to mess around...I've got a brand-new rose in town!!!"


I'll get to the whole story soon enough, but this is a shot of Yer Bunche rockin' it karaoke-stylee at Erin Samuelson's Birthday BarMitzvah this past Saturday night. I did three tunes, decked out in my oh-so-glam glaucoma shades and coat fashioned from the top half of a gorilla suit (specifically the one I used this past Halloween as Robot Monster, aka Ro-Man), but above pic is of me putting my all into "New Rose" by the Damned, a kickass tune in the first place that's also notable for being the first UK punk tune ever released on vinyl. (And for the record, the other tunes were Cream's "Tales of Brave Ulysses" and "Thunderball" by Tom Jones.)


Yer Bunche air-guitars the solo from Cream's "Tales of Brave Ulysses."

1 comment:

Satyrblade said...

RAWK! I adore The Damned.

BTW, their new album, So, Who's Paranoid? is pretty fucking good. Not Damned, Damned, Damned, of course, but better than pretty much anything they've released since Phantasmagoria, and better in some ways than that. Although it lacks a "Grimly Fiendish" or a "Shadow of Love," song for song, it's actualy a far stronger album. Not bad at all for a pack of past-50 Punks!

"Is she really going out with him...?"